February 24, 2016

MRH Earth Aroma Balm

I'm working on clearing out some excess papers right now and one of those things is catalogs. Before I put it in the burn pile I looked through the Mountain Rose Herbs catalog and found a couple of recipes. I'm listing them so I can use them in the future.

Balm Base
1½ cups organic almond oil
½ cup organic grapeseed oil
1 tsp vitamin E oil
½ cup beeswax pastilles

Organic Essential Oil Blend
20 drops clary sage
20 drops sweet marjoram
20 drops vetiver
10 drops juniper
10 drops lavender

Mix essential oils together in a glass bottle and roll between the palms of your hands to combine. Set aside.
Using a double boiler, gently warm carrier oils over medium heat. Add the beeswax and stir together until completely melted to liquid, but do not boil! Remove from heat and immediately pour into 1oz containers. Drip 6 drops of essential oil blend into each tin, and screw lids on tight Makes 14.

No comments: