May 29, 2012

Anita's Asian Slaw

If this sounds gross, get over it. You've got to try this. My sweet friend Anita Oneda :o) made this for us when we visited her family in June 2010. They took us all over the area and she fed us so well every day. When she made this slaw I could have eaten nothing else but it for a few days. It's just yum!

1 large head of cabbage shredded (or a bag of coleslaw mix)
2 pkgs ramen noodles, broken into small pieces
½-1 cup slivered almonds

Toss in a large bowl. Just before serving, pour Asian dressing (as much as you want) over all and toss.

Asian dressing:
1 cup oil (not olive, I use cannola)
1 cup sugar
½ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tsp soy sauce
2-3 tsp sesame oil (I love the taste, so I "might" add a little extra)
salt and pepper

Add all ingredients into a container you can seal tightly. Shake and mix all together. Keep any leftover dressing in fridge.

No comments: