February 24, 2016

MRH Breathe Easy Steam

I'm working on clearing out some excess papers right now and one of those things is catalogs. Before I put it in the burn pile I looked through the Mountain Rose Herbs catalog and found a couple of recipes. I'm listing them so I can use them in the future.

Feeling stuffy? Let these herbal vapors bring you some relief.
4 parts organic peppermint leaf
3 parts organic calendula flowers
1 part organic mullein leaf
1 part organic clots-foot
1 part organic elder flowers
1 part organic lavender flowers
*organic eucalyptus essential oil

Stir all herbs together in a container until well mixed. measure out ¼ cup of the mixture into a large bowl and mix in 1 drop of eucalyptus essential oil. Pour boiling water over the herbs and cover for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and hold your face over the steam. Use a large towel to cover your head and the bowl. Keep your eyes closed and breath deeply for up to 10 minutes. Not for asthma.

No comments: