August 27, 2012

Plum Sauce

I had just finished watching Paula Deen on a cooking show and watched her and her son Bobby make some tilapia with a peach sauce. We had some plums that were super ripe in the fridge so I thought hmmm, plum sauce. I had no idea it was actually a dish! So I went searching for a recipe and I found this one on AllRecipes.com. After reading the comments, I noticed a few people that had also substituted fresh plums for the plum jam. So here's our tweaks because we'll definitely make this again.

6-8 fresh ripe plums
2 cups of sugar
4 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp dried minced onion
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp ground ginger

Peel plums and put in your choice of chopper. We used our Magic Bullet and also added in the red pepper, garlic and onion so that it would be all smooth. Put it all together in a pan and let it bubble til it boils, continually stirring. Remove from heat after a few minutes and it should thicken a bit.

No comments: