Fluffy, buttery, tender dinner rolls similar to those that are served in a very popular restaurant.
1 envelope active dry yeast
¼ cup lukewarm water
1 cup lukewarm milk
3 tablespoons melted butter, room temperature
¼ cup sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon garlic salt
¼ cup melted butter for basting rolls
1. Lightly grease a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In the work bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve yeast in water with a whisk.
3. Allow yeast to stand for 5 -10 minutes until it starts to foam.
4. Attach bowl to mixer. With the paddle attachment. stir on low speed.
5. Add milk, butter, and sugar, continuing on low speed until thoroughly mixed.
6. Gradually add 1½ cups flour, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
7. Add egg and salt, mixing to combine.
8. Change the attachment to the dough hook.
9. On low to medium speed, gradually add remaining flour.
10. Continue to mix until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
11. Transfer dough to prepared bowl, using a dough scraper if necessary.
12. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to double in size (approx. 1-1½ hours).
13. Punch dough down, remove from bowl, and place on a floured work surface.
14. With a rolling pin, roll out dough in a rectangle to approx. ½ inch in thickness.
15. Using a pizza cutter, divide into 18 pieces.
16. Place each piece 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
17. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to double in size.
18. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When rolls have risen, place on middle rack of oven.
19. Bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
20. Remove from oven and immediately brush with melted butter.
21. Serve warm or allow to cool.