November 28, 2012

Buttermilk Pie

Another recipe from Sweet Tea and Cornbread. I'm so excited to try this. Today John bought the Jim Beam Bourbon. I was going to but since he was out... For now we have 2 small bottles on our shelf. Back to the recipe. I think I had buttermilk pie sometime in my early life because in my memory it looks like the picture that is posted on STC site. If it isn't, this most likely will be where Jim and I part ways. (We parted ways.)

1½ cups sugar
2 tbsp self rising flour
1 stick melted butter
3 eggs
½ cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp Kentucky bourbon
1 deep dish pie shell


Mix together butter and sugar; add flour, eggs, and buttermilk and mix well. Add vanilla and bourbon.
Place the pie shell on a cookie sheet and pour the mixture into shell. Place on the center rack of the oven set at 350° for 15 minutes. Decrease the temperature to 300° and bake for 45 minutes. Remove and cool before slicing.

No comments: