November 28, 2012

Caramel Grapes

I got this recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook, a blog I started reading this year. When I saw their post for Caramel Grapes, I knew I had to let the kids do this for our Christmas treats. I can't wait to taste these things! Of course we're going to dip them in holiday sprinkles. Thinking I should have bought more grapes.

1 package 11 oz. caramel bits
2 tbsp of water
a bunch of grapes, washed and stems removed

1 cup pecans finely processed OR sprinkles
round toothpicks (if serving at a party)

Stick a toothpick in each individual grape so they are ready to dip.
Melt caramel bits with 2 tablespoons water in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
Dip the grapes into the caramel.
Swirl the dipped grapes in the finely chopped pecans or sprinkles.
Place on a serving platter and eat when they are set.

No comments: