May 19, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

I don't know where I got this nice recipe on this nice sheet of fall paper. Maybe from someone at co-op? I have no clue so I can't give any credit. Chances are I've tasted this bread and asked for the recipe. Hope it's good when I make it later down the road!

2/3 cup shortening
2-2/3 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 15oz can pumpkin
2/3 cup water
3¼ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
Optional: 2/3 cup chopped raisins/dates/nuts

Melt shortening, add sugar, and mix well. Add eggs, pumpkin, and water.
Sift dry ingredients, add to pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts and fruit if desired.
Pour into 2 5x9 loaf pans sprayed with Pam filling only ½ way.
For easier removal, line bottom of pan with waxed paper and spray again.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until center tests done with a toothpick. Immediately removed waxed paper. Freezes well.

Optional baking pans:
30 cupcakes bake for 22-24 minutes.
Small loaf pans bake for 33-37 minutes and makes 10-12 loaves.

No comments: