February 23, 2012

"Raising Olives" Upside-Down Cranberry Crunch

Kim and Connie are blog friends with Kim from Raising Olives. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I think I will this weekend seeing as how I have a bag of cranberries just sitting in my fridge.

3 cups fresh cranberries (or thawed frozen cranberries)
1 ¾ cup sugar (divided)
½ cup chopped pecans
2 eggs
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup flour

Grease an 8" square baking dish.
Layer in cranberries then sprinkle with ¾ cup of the sugar and the pecans.
In a mixing bowl beat remaining ingredients (including the remaining sugar) until smooth.
Spread over cranberries, sugar and pecans.
Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until done.
Loosen sides of crunch with a knife and immediately invert onto a serving plate.
Best served warm with homemade whipped topping.

No comments: