February 13, 2012

Enchilada Casserole

10-15 tortillas
2 cans of Old El Paso enchilada sauce
2 cans of diced tomatoes or 6 fresh tomatoes, diced
onion, diced
2 cups of shredded chicken
2 cups of pinto beans
4 cups of Mexican blend cheese

Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam. (I also sprayed a smaller one because we have 7 to feed)
Slice flour or corn tortillas into strips and then "bite" size pieces.
Heat a bit of oil in a pan and saute onion.
Add diced tomatoes (2 cans) into oil, chicken (I had 2 cans of it on the shelf) and 2 cans of enchilada sauce.
I put the tortilla pieces down first and then poured the mixture on them. To make next time I will stir it all together before pouring into the bowl as the tortillas clumped together.
Sprinkle Mexican blend cheese all over the top and bake for about 20-30 minutes. Be generous with the cheese. :o)
Next time I'm going to try it using beans.

No comments: